Marriage Certificate Online Registration Application Form: A marriage certificate is a document that provides evidence of the legal union of 2 people. It is issued by a government agency and is often required to prove eligibility for certain benefits or to register children with the person’s birth certificate.
A marriage certificate can be used as a form of identification in many countries. The document usually contains information such as the names of the couple who were married, their date and place of birth, their current address, and other details about the ceremony.
Marriage Certificate Online Overview
|Certificate Name||Marriage Certificate|
|Age||Male – 21, Female – 18|
Marriage Certificate Delhi 2023
Marriage Certificate Online Registration 2023 – Obtaining a marriage certificate online is simple, and the process can be completed within a day. You should bring the following documents with you:
- Valid ID card
- Wedding card
- Aadhaar card
- Marriage photograph
- A witness with a valid ID card and an Aadhaar card
- Conversion certificate, if applicable
The entire process of registering the marriage and receiving the marriage certificate will take a maximum of 15 days. However, this is just an estimate, and, in many cases, you will receive the certificate in less time or on the same day.
Marriage Certificate States Online Portal Login
|States in India||Portal Link|
|Jammu and Kashmir||https://www.jk.gov.in/|
|Andaman and Nicobar||https://cdn.s3waas.gov.in/|
|Dadra and Nagar Haweli||www.dnh.nic.in|
How to Apply for a Marriage Certificate Online in Delhi?
If you are looking for a marriage certificate in Delhi, you must visit the registrar’s office. The marriage certificate is issued by the registrar after the marriage has been registered. You must carry the documents listed in the above paragraph for verification and filing an application for the marriage certificate in Delhi.
The process to apply for a marriage certificate online in Delhi is as follows:
- Fill out an application form
- Submit documents and pay a fee
- Collect your certificate from the registrar’s office.
Marriage Certificate Registration Fees
The following fees are charged by the Delhi government to register a marriage and issue the marriage certificate:
- 1) INR 100/- if you are following the Hindu Marriage Act
- 2) INR 150/- if the wedding falls under the Special Marriage Act
How to Make an Appointment Online for Marriage Registration?
The Delhi government has provided the opportunity to book timing and slot for couples who want to have their marriage registered and obtain the marriage registration certificate. The steps to follow are:
- Log into the Delhi government website and register with your details.
- Next, select the “Make an appointment with the District Magistrate (DM)” option.
- Choose the district your locality falls under from the drop-down menu.
- Now, fill in the applicants’ details – both husband and wife. Ensure that the details are accurate and per the Aadhaar or a valid ID card.
- After filling in the details, now proceed to select the appointment date and time.
- Next, fill in the details required for the marriage certificate. You can also mention the new surname for a wife if she would like to change her surname after the marriage. It is optional and based on an individual’s choice.
- Once you click the “Submit” button, you will receive an acknowledgment receipt confirming the details, application acceptance, and appointment details with the District Magistrate.
As you have paid the required fee online, you can attach a copy of the fee receipt with the application form when attending the DM on the scheduled appointment date.
Applying for a marriage certificate online in Delhi requires you to meet certain factors. These include the following:
- The applicants should reside in Delhi and have valid proof of the same.
- The marriage should have taken place in Delhi.
- As per the Hindu Marriage Act, the applicants requiring registering their marriage should belong to Hindu, Buddhism, Jain, or Sikh religions.
- The applicants should not have a legal spouse while applying for second marriage registration.
- The applicants should give their consent to register their marriage without any external force and pressure and without any fear.
- The male applicant should be 21 years of age, while the female applicant should be 18 years of age for registering marriage.
- The spouse should not be in any prohibited relationship unless the law permits it as legal because of a custom practiced.
Marriage Certificate Download Online Link
You can download the marriage certificate online in Delhi after you receive a confirmation that the certificate is ready. Alternatively, you can pick up the physical copy of the same from the Citizen Service Center. The self-affidavit form for the marriage certificate in Delhi is available from the Delhi government’s website. You can take a printout of the same, fill in the details, and keep a scanned copy. You can use the scanned copy if you apply online for the marriage certificate.
|Marriage Certificate Online||Apply Here|
|Download Certificate||Click Here|
Queries on Apply Marriage Certificate Online 2023
How much time does it require to get a marriage certificate online?
You will receive the marriage certificate within 15 days from the appointment date and appearance before the District Magistrate. The time is for those registering their marriage under Hindu Marriage Act and 60 days for those registering under the Special Marriage Act.
What documents are necessary for marriage registration in Delhi?
You must carry a valid ID proof (both the husband and wife), a wedding invitation, a photocopy of the marriage, a verified DOB certificate, an Aadhaar card, and a witness with a valid ID and Aadhaar card.
Is there a penalty for registering a marriage in Delhi?
Yes, the Delhi government charges a late of INR 1,000/- for registering a marriage after 60 days from the date of marriage. The government also sends the applicants to imprisonment when they find that the details furnished are false.
Is it mandatory to register a marriage in Delhi?
No, it is not mandatory to register a marriage in Delhi. However, registering a marriage and obtaining the marriage certificate will have its advantages in the future and will benefit from several government schemes.
Can I apply for a tatkal marriage certificate online?
Yes, applying for a tatkal marriage certificate in Delhi is possible. The process is the same as the general application. However, the authorities prioritize applications received under tatkal, which reduces the time for obtaining a marriage certificate.
Can I apply for a marriage certificate in Delhi online?
You cannot receive a marriage certificate online in Delhi. However, you can submit your application for a marriage certificate online and book the appointment date and time slot.
Who can be a witness for registering marriage in Delhi?
A witness can be any member of the family, a colleague, a friend, or a relative. There must be three witnesses present during the marriage registration process in Delhi.