Income Tax Department issues PAN, an identification number issued in India. The identification number allows the government to identify a taxpayer. Likewise, the PAN holder can use their identification number to file their IT returns.
If you are over 18 years of age, then it is time to apply for your PAN card. This post will show how to apply for a PAN card online with a few documents you can upload from your computer.
Pan Card 2023
Unlike the olden days, applying for a new PAN card today has become simple, overcoming the tedious task of filling out forms, attaching documents, and posting them to the department.
Although you have the option to apply offline, sending the application online takes only a few minutes. Even if you have lost the card, you can apply for a new card online and take a printout of your e-PAN from UTIITSL or NSDL.
As you can apply for a new PAN card through NSDL and UTIITSL online, let us learn about the steps you can take for both online websites.
NSDL Pan Card Download 2023
|Issuing Authority||Income Tax Department|
|Ministry||Ministry of Finance|
|Apply for||PAN Card Online 2023|
|Requirements||Photo, Proof of Address, Proof of Identity, Date of Birth Certificate|
|Benefits||Required for Financial Transactions|
|NSDL Pan Card Portal||onlineservices.nsdl.com|
|Pan Card Download||pan.utiitsl.com|
Benefits of NSDL Pan Card @ nsdl.co.in
PAN or Permanent Account Number is compulsory for every citizen. It will be used by the government to track the expenses of an individual or a company. Likewise, individuals or companies can file their Income Tax Returns after each financial year. Additionally, the government mandated to mention the PAN number in all financial transactions from January 1st, 2005, including:
- Sale/purchase of immovable property
- Sale/purchase of a new motor vehicle
- Deposit of money exceeding fifty thousand rupees
- Making a deposit in fixed deposit with a banking institution or post office savings account
- Mentioning the PAN on a contract exceeding a contract value of more than one lakh rupees
- Purchasing securities, bonds, mutual funds, and stocks
- Purchasing gold and silver
- Payment in cash for buying pay orders and bank drafts.
Applying for PAN Online on NSDL Website
You can visit the official website of the Income Tax PAN services of NSDL to apply for a new PAN. However, before proceeding, ensure a digital copy of the following:
- Proof of address.
- Proof of identity.
- Date of birth certificate.
1. Visit the official site of nsdl pan card online (onlineservices.nsdl.com).
2. Choose the option: Applying for a new PAN for Indian citizens or foreign citizens or correction in existing PAN.
3. Then, proceed to select the category – individual, an association of a body, HUF, etc.
4. On the next page, you will have the form that requires you to fill in all the essential details. It includes your name, birth date, mail address, phone number, residential address, and more. Ensure that you are filling in the facts accurately.
5. After completing the form, click the “Submit” button, and you will receive instructions for the next step.
6. Click “Continue with PAN Application Form.”
7. It is mandatory to complete KYC (Know Your Customer). On the next page, you will be completing a digital e-KYC.
8. If you want a physical form of the PAN card, then opt for the same and enter your AADHAAR’s last four numbers.
9. In the next part, enter the personal and contact details as required.
10. Ensure to enter the correct area code, AO Type, and other details. You can check these details from the link beside the input column if you do not know them.
11. Indicate the documents you submit for proof of identity, address, and date of birth.
12. At last, you will declare that all the information you have provided is correct and then submit the form.
13. You will navigate to the payment when you click the “Proceed” button. Then, you can choose online payment through Bill Desk and complete the payment process.
14. If you complete the payment using a credit/debit card, you will receive an acknowledgment slip and payment receipt. Ensure to save both documents.
As you have uploaded the photo and necessary documents online, NSDL will start processing the application. Upon verification of the documents, NSDL will issue the PAN card, and you will receive a status message on your registered mobile number and email address. In addition, NSDL will send a courier the physical copy of the PAN card.
NSDL Pan Card Status @ tin.tin.nsdl.com
To check NSDL pan status 2023, you have to visit the official website tin.tin.nsdl.com. After applying nsdl pan card online, you will have to wait for the next update, you will get this information on your number and email. After that you can check PAN status on tin nsdl website. To verify nsdl pan/tan application status, fill the form by selecting your application type and then using alphabets and digits in the form information. Finally enter the re-captcha code and click on submit. You will get the nsdl pan status of your application there, and if you have not done nsdl pan registration yet, then apply fresh pan card now.
Applying for PAN Online on UTIITSL Website
Suppose you are applying for a PAN card online through the UTIITSL website. In that case, the procedure is similar to the NSDL website. In addition, you must have your photo, proof of identity, proof of address, and date of birth proof.
You can similarly reprint or make corrections to your PAN card by visiting the NSDL or UTIITSL websites.
Download Digital Pan Card Online @ pan.utiitsl.com
The Indian government has now been able to digitize itself in every way. Earlier we had to make rounds of government offices and agents to make pan card, now we can apply online from pan card to all necessary id. For this, the government has prepared some portals from where you can download and make a pan card. In order to download their PAN card candidates are required to visit the official website which is https://www.utiitsl.com/. And click on the direct link given here, enter your pan number and date of birth and press the download button.
Who should have a PAN Card?
- An individual above 18 years of age.
- An individual is eligible for tax payment and requires filing for IT returns.
- A person is carrying out business or a profession that exceeds five lakh rupees in a year.
- A person who plans to enter into financial trading and activity.
- A person who wishes to enter into contracts that exceed one lakh rupees amount.
- A person who is opening a bank account.
- A person is applying to open a telephone account, including mobile phone services.
- A person who pays twenty-five thousand rupees to hotels and restaurants at any instance.
- A person deposits cash exceeding fifty thousand rupees into a bank or post office savings account.
- A person paying cash for connection to traveling to a foreign country, and the amount exceeds twenty-five thousand rupees.
www.nsdl.co.in or pan.utiitsl.com Pan Card Download Link
|NSDL Pan Card Status||Click Here|
|Apply New Pan Card Online||Apply Now|
|Download PAN Card Here||Get Pan Card Here|
Queries on NSDL Pan Card Online @ nsdl.com
Should I mention PAN when buying gold?
Yes, it is mandatory to mention the PAN of the purchaser. Therefore, when you buy gold from a gold shop, you will be asked for your PAN during the billing, and the same will appear on the tax invoice.
Is the TATKAL facility available for PAN services?
No. There is no TATKAL facility available for PAN services.
Can I apply for PAN if I already have one?
No, you cannot apply for PAN if you already have a PAN. It is against the law, and a penalty of INR 10,000 is chargeable if found guilty.
Which documents will act as proof of identity?
Matriculation certificate, a degree from a recognized university, credit card account, water bill, voter ID, driving license, or a certificate signed by a local MLA or Municipal Councillor, or a Gazetted Officer will act as proof of identity. The parent or guardian’s documents listed here will serve as identity proof in case the applicant is a minor. If the application is for HUF, then the Karta of the HUF will act as identity proof.
How to find the AO code?
Assessing Officer code or AO Code is essential while filing a tax. Applicants can find their respective AO codes by visiting the NSDL website and searching according to their city.
What is the service cost for applying for a new PAN card?
NSDL and UTIITSL are authorized to collect INR 85/- + Service taxes for issuing a new PAN card. You can make the payment online when you are applying for the PAN or physically if you are applying at a local TIN Facilitation Center.